You | #marchmeetthemaker | Part 02
For the #marchmeetthemaker daily challenge prompt “You”, I composed a list of 10 things that make me, me.
1. My love for flowers was inspired from day one of my existence. I was born in a city called Bloemfontein (directly translated, Flower Fountain), in South Africa.
2. I grew up on a miniature-like farm and could ride a horse soon after I learned how to walk.
3. Both parents are artistic in their own way. My father is an Architect and can just about build anything with his own hands – not to mention, an amazing artist who paints the most beautiful landscapes, flowers, and beach scenes. My mother is THE Jill of all Trades – a Warrior in the Building Industry by day, and a creative in everything else by night – from sewing, cooking, drawing – you name it, she can do it.
4. I played the jazz flute for ten years and was in an orchestra for almost 5 years.
5. Collectively I have 10 years of work experience as a Graphic Designer/Conceptual Artist and have also gone on an adventure to Thailand where I taught English Conversation for just under a year.
6. I have a cat, her name is Ohana and she moved halfway across the world with my fiance and me.
7. The craziest thing I’ve done is the Sling Shot. Never again.
8. My music playlists vary but my current favorites to listen to are old school wonders and a few current hits, but most of the time I stream one of the local radio stations back home (Cape Town) while I’m working.
9. I saw the Foo Fighters live last year for the first time and it was just absolutely amazing.
10. I LOVE the beach, but I ADORE snow too.