- Remove petals from the flower
- Lay them flat between two pieces of tissue (avoid paper towels with design indentations)
- Make sure the petals do not overlap each other.
- Place your tissue between two hard surfaces (between books, pages of a heavy book or in a flower press)
- Ensure there is weight pressing down.
- Check your tissue after 4 days to make sure it does not feel damp. If so, replace with fresh tissues. It is very important to avoid excess moisture or your petals will decay.
It takes approximately one week to dry the petals. However, it might take longer depending on the flower type.
Keep your petals pressed until they are completely dried. There should be no moisture residual on your tissues.